Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our company and our tasks.
Since the protection of your personal data is very important to us, we would like to inform you here about the processing of your personal data.
Do you have questions about this information sheet? We will be happy to answer your questions. Please contact our data protection officer (see contact details data protection officer).
1. Contact details TenneT
TenneT Germany: TenneT TSO GmbH, Bernecker Str. 70, 95448 Bayreuth.
TenneT Netherlands: TenneT Holding B.V. and TenneT TSO B.V., Mariëndaal Centre of Excellence, Utrechtseweg 310, Arnhem, The Netherlands
2. Contact details data protection officer
TenneT Germany: TenneT TSO GmbH, data protection officer, Bernecker Straße 70, 95448 Bayreuth, datenschutz(at)tennet.eu.
TenneT Netherlands: TenneT TSO B.V. Functionaris voor Gegevensbescherming, Postbus 718, 6800 AS Arnhem, privacy(at)tennet.eu.
3. Processing framework
On our website we process some of your personal data. "Personal data" refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"). A natural person is considered to be identifiable if he or she can be identified directly or indirectly. An identification may be established in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online ID, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Which of your personal data on our website is processed by us depends on which of our services - e.g. our contact form or our newsletter - is used by you.
In any case, we process a minimum amount of personal data in the form of cookies.
You will find more detailed information on this in the following chapters.
3.1 When signing up for the newsletter
Depending on the structure of the contact form, you transmit your corresponding personal data to us, which we process.
Regularly, the data concerned are the following:Contact details:
- e-mail address
3.2 When using our newsletterWhen you open a newsletter, the following data is processed:
- Server location and time zone
- device type
- e-mail address
3.3 Matomo Analytics
To analyse the performance of the site, TenneT uses Matomo Web Analytics, an open source web analytics platform. Matomo collects detailed data about the use of the site, such as the number of times a page is viewed, how long a page is viewed, which search terms are used. The data cannot be traced back to an individual in any way. Matomo is designed to respect the privacy of users: IP anonymisation is enabled on this site. Anonymised IP addresses are used to determine geolocation. Matomo does not use tracking cookies to collect data.
3.4 Vimeo videos
You can permanently agree to the display of embedded Vimeo videos from the third-party provider Vimeo. The selection will then be permanently stored in your internet browser. Consent can be revoked here at any time.
With the consent, you agree that through the integration of the video player, cookies can be activated and personal data can be automatically transmitted to the third-party providers. Cookies for video control and tracking of video usage or views are stored for 1 year. You can find further information on this here https://vimeo.com/de/features/video-privacy.
We use Typeform by TYPEFORM SL, C/Bac de Roda, 163 (Local), 08018 Barcelona Spain (Typeform) for our contact form[s]. This enables us to provide you with an easy way to contact us.
To do this, we share the following personal data with Typeform:
Mandatory data are marked with an *.
Typeform is a recipient of your personal data and acts as a processor for us. The processing of the data provided under this section is not required by law or contract. Without your consent and the transmission of your personal data, we cannot provide you with a contact form. However, you have the option of contacting us at the [above / following] e-mail address. The data is stored exclusively for the purpose of transmitting enquiries and responding to them. The mandatory data is used for the allocation and answering of your request.
In addition, Typeform collects the following personal data with the help of cookies: Information about your terminal device (IP address, device information, operating system, browser settings). Furthermore, usage data is collected such as the date and time when you used the contact form. Typeform needs this data to ensure the presentation of the contact form and its functionality. This corresponds to Typeform's legitimate interest (pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO) and serves the performance of the contract (pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO). Further information can be found at: https://help.typeform.com/hc/en-us/articles/360029581691-What-happens-to-my-data
You can find further information on the possibilities to object to and remove Typeform at: https://admin.typeform.com/to/dwk6gt
The legal basis for this processing is your consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) a DSGVO. You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. The revocation can be made via the specified contact options. Your data will be processed as long as a corresponding consent exists. The declaration of revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out so far.
Your data will be deleted after processing has been completed.
You can permanently agree to the display of embedded surveys from the third-party provider Typeform. The selection will then be permanently stored in your internet browser. Consent can be revoked here at any time.
We receive your personal data directly from you.
5. Legal basis for the processing of your personal data
Our processes of personal data are within the framework of the data protection regulationsOn the basis of your consent pursuant to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 letter a) GDPR, we process your personal data in the following cases:
- for all other cookies (which are not necessary).
- if you contact us for example by mail or by contact form.
- when using one of our newsletters.
6. Duration of storage
You can see the respective storage duration of cookies in the table above. We delete other personal data accordingly after the expiry of legal storage obligations. If there are no legal retention periods, all personal data will be deleted as soon as there is no other legitimate purpose for further storage.
7. Purposes of storageIf the purpose of storage has not already been explained elsewhere, we also store the personal data provided by you for the following purposes:
- to be able to give you the best possible information in case of questions.
- to protect our rights and obligations and to defend against claims of third parties.
8. Data processing in third countries
TenneT strives to use only contract processors in the European Union. If TenneT intends to transfer personal data to a third country outside the European Union, TenneT will inform you expressly and in a timely manner about the planned transfer, the legal basis for the transfer and the type of protection of your personal data following the transfer.
9. Access to personal data
Employees of our company have access to your personal data to the extent necessary to fulfil the above-mentioned purposes.
We use service providers who support us in the processing of personal data within the scope of our business purpose and our communication. These are in particular service providers for our IT and network operations, mail processing, file/data destruction, archiving as well as agencies/service providers for (corporate) communication. These service providers are subject to strict contractual agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, data protection declarations and contracts for order processing.
10. Rights of data subjects
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you a number of privacy rights. To exercise your rights as a data subject, you may contact the Data Protection Officer as described in the contacts section.
In order to exercise your rights as a data subject, we may ask you to identify yourself before answering your question.As a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right of access (article 15) You have the right to request a copy of your personal data or to have access to your personal data.
- Right of rectification (article 16) if it appears that your data is incorrect or incomplete, you can request to change or supplement your data.
- Right to data erasure (right to be forgotten - Article 17) Under certain legal conditions, you have the right to have your data deleted.
- Right to restrict the processing (Article 18) under certain conditions, you have the right to limit the processing of your data.
- Right to data portability (article 20) you have the right to obtain and re-use your personal data for your own purposes for different services.
- Right of objection (Article 21) under certain conditions, you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data.
- Right to appeal to a supervisory authority. (Art. 77 AVG). In the Netherlands this can be done at the Personal Data Authority, Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV DEN HAAG. In Germany you can contact the Bavarian Supervising Authority for Data Protection (BayLDA), Promenade 18, 91522 Ansbach.
- Right to revoke your consent: You can withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time and request that the processed personal data be deleted. Although you withdraw your consent, the processing of your personal data remains lawful up to the time of withdrawal. Your personal data can only be deleted if there is no other legal basis for the processing of your personal data. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may submit this request to the Data Protection Officer in The Netherlands or Germany.
11. Responsible disclosure
Within TenneT we take safety and (ICT) security very seriously. We pay close attention to the security of our ICT systems, such as our website. Nevertheless, it may happen that there are unexpected vulnerabilities in one or our systems. Should you find such a vulnerability, we would appreciate it if you could point this out to us so that we can take adequate measures. For this you can make use of the
responsible disclosure formulier, as available on privacy.tennet.eu